- Submit a literature and project review by 8th December 6pm
- First essay draft due: 19th March 2018
- Second essay draft due: 23rd April 2018
- Final essay deadline: 7th May 2018
Literature and Project Review (Helen Pritchard)
A literature and project review is a search and evaluation of the available literature and projects in your given subject or chosen topic area. It documents the state of the art with respect to the subject or topic you are writing about.
- It surveys the literature in your chosen area of study
- It synthesises the information in that literature into a summary
- It critically analyses the information gathered by identifying gaps in current knowledge; by showing limitations of theories and points of view; and by formulating areas for further research and reviewing areas of controversy
It presents the literature in an organised way
To be or not to Be Inspired ….
So , I have been reviewing like mad, virtual reality and data programming…..trying to sort out what kind of project I could do for the end of MFA. Although Virtual reality is very tempting, I am still a maker and really need to have a real object to ignite my inspiration , that is a mask, a box , drifted wood, puppet character…. so next step would be to look for augmented reality .
I also need to explore in 3D Unity
[ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”5″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_basic_thumbnails” override_thumbnail_settings=”0″ thumbnail_width=”240″ thumbnail_height=”160″ thumbnail_crop=”1″ images_per_page=”20″ number_of_columns=”0″ ajax_pagination=”0″ show_all_in_lightbox=”0″ use_imagebrowser_effect=”0″ show_slideshow_link=”1″ slideshow_link_text=”[Show slideshow]” order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″]
- building up reading list , mask theory /in computational art installations/ feminist / non human
- catch up with Data programming/ VR/p5
- what will be the physical support for the next installation? wearable/ mask on a stick/ mask VR/ storage box/ mini shadow theatre/
- schedule Mask workshop : january
Reflecting practice, what is it I really want to express, learn , share?
Do I need to be at university to do that?
Answering to open calls is a good practice to find out answers or to do a check up on the answers to those questions.
catch up : Data programming, Interactive Data, VR
creative process reading, brain storming : Intersecting Art and Technology Camille Baker
update Look at the Other marketing material, answer to Trajectories call (30/10/2017)
check next E stiches meeting
tidying the studio , to allow new ideas to flow
start little projects with sensors
try to build a VR experience with sensors?
Investigate more about eye tracking technology , perception, disruptive art? , new materialism, wearable technology, bodies boundaries, bacteria, anthropocene, VR, we are all connected !
Auditing course is not easy in term of connecting to the new students and get the same working momentum. have to look into virtual on line courses more and former tutors or ex colleagues .
Technically planning to do more and explore : Python, Data mining,VR, Unity , CMS, Web development, Rasperry Pi, Kinect, camera manipulation, sound making….
- ugly duck exhibition
- CMS, data, python
- wekinator, machine learning
- blog and social media
- sound input, MAX, MIDI
- mask repetition
- automata , soft sensors, shape alloy memory