How to stage a
Network of artifacts????
- <create a surrealist “conversation”between the nodes and with the nodes>
- use the bibi dictionary as a base, binary system with letters , “Ho, He, BikEDa” , translated into shapes
- code the binary letters, still to be done, shape equivalence -bibiDico
- work with pattern making in processing , to create the “landscape” of the cell?
“Signal can be embedded in an object by adding textured patterns or by modifying an object’s natural texture.This form of watermarking is currently employed to track sensitive or high-value machine parts and to identify containers carrying toxic or hazardous materials. Three-dimensional objects also raise the possibility of encoding signal by arranging artistic elements in space”
- No one has trespassed the border, the nodes are “talking”/ interacting with each other.
- Someone crossed the border, his face is snapshot by the LAO mask, the nodes stopped talking to each other, mirroring/ framing/hiding/revealing the human.
- Human is crossing back, when he is out of the “view”, the nodes are “talking” again, they are talking about him, something about this human remains with the nodes to “talk” about.
- inspiration : chinese whispers, 1 ,2 ,3 soleil, gossip, bid/offer and how news are spread across exchange markets and transformed into (non)tangible assets, lemurs and their group behaviour
- border is a framing a door for accessing the nodes world , behind the screen, nodes , projecting their shadows on screen . on the order side the viewers trying to pass
UCCC : Ekman,U Ubiquitous Computing, Complexity and Culture, 2016 Edited by Ulrik Ekman, Jay David Bolter, Lily Díaz, Morten Søndergaard, Maria Engberg – Routledge, p125 Irene Mavrommati : “Ubiquitous computing (Ubicomp ) are complex computing systems; they can also be understood as ecologies of artifacts, services, people, and infrastructure. Systems with such complexity can be approached as component-based systems. …Component based systems are independent systems with loose coupling of interchangeable parts, which communicate via interfaces.”
AmI : http://blog.teleplanglobe.no/ami-and-internet-of-things ,
create a Network of artefacts , interacting with each others and with people
Slip in two groups, on two different locations
-When “alone”, the artefacts are moving accordingly to patterns generated by one algorithm and data previously collected, input/ parameters should include time and location
-When a presence is detected, new data are collected and new patterns, movement, sound or visual are generated, informations are processed , some of them shared to the viewer, so he could modify its input.
-The two groups will evolve to separate species after few iterations, even if they started identical
– using the programming publish-suscribe concepts?
– artefacts moving accordingly to patterns generated by cellular automata algorithms ( ref simulating neural transmissions, synaptic caguama by Lozano-Hemmer)? make them evolve with genetic algorithm ( the more people looking at them, ref Jessica Field)?
– repulsion / attraction systems, 10 prints, L systems, machine learning, MaxMSP , using OpenData to map to a visual. Use of OSC touch on my mobile to draw.artefacts mixing digital and analog making, embedded with sensors and OSC technology, talking to each other while receiving data from external input ( open data?)
- algorithms to work on : GA, CA, particle systems,L system
- technology for input : OSC touch , kinect,OpenData access, web Scraping
- technology for output : machine learning, rasperry pi,
- Input is human , through sensors or data collecting. Output group 1 is visual- Output group 2 is sonic
- If there is no input, the group 1 are drawing some shapes and machines of group 2 are reacting to the drawings by making sounds,
- If there is some external input group 1 is taking the input and changes the patterns of its drawing , sending informations to the group 2, having a private conversation between them . machine 2 output as sounds responding,
- If the two groups have people , they count the people, the group with more people will have the possibility to evolve and/ or making more noise/ expanding drawings….
the machine talks to each other in a foreign language
the machine talks to each other in a foreign language, we gave and forgot about it , they still talk this language< Check the ASCII control characters table from old teletype days>
<Define the Network of artefacts contolled via OSC touch? Network is the Mask, its artefacts are the nodes>
Listen to the Other via EMF
<the machines will feel the EMF on visitor ‘s body and react with sounds or visuals>