the cells, could functions as kinetic drawing bots:
[ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”9″ exclusions=”56,55,57″ sortorder=”56,55,51,52,53,54,61,57″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_basic_thumbnails” override_thumbnail_settings=”0″ thumbnail_width=”240″ thumbnail_height=”160″ thumbnail_crop=”1″ images_per_page=”20″ number_of_columns=”0″ ajax_pagination=”0″ show_all_in_lightbox=”0″ use_imagebrowser_effect=”0″ show_slideshow_link=”1″ slideshow_link_text=”[Show slideshow]” order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″]
In relation to my essay proposal about the ”NetWork : the Ultimate Mask “
Find the Poetic Space of the Network , I have the intention is to build up some Knitted cells units. I would like to be able to stitch them together to make either a costume , a quilt , a mask, a 3D sculpture , a sensitive environment, or reactive bodies for puppets…
- The cells will have different functions , and different structures . They could store visual memories . They could produce or record sounds, be thermo sensitives. They could produce lights etc…
- Combined and stiched together they form a body. Each of this unit has its own functions and life, stich together they form a collective and have a collective behaviour. Individually they have a autonomous behaviour.
- Like puppets can do one thing , dancing versus walking, or a mask is expressing one quality ( neutral, clown, buffon ….) each type of K cells have limited functions , either data feed, ligth or sound. their design should reflect this particular feature.
- Decide whether together they are stronger or weaker ? amplification process? they can also relate to each other remotely ie not stitch together.
- >Build K cells in electronics and transpose into soft e textile
- > Build two families KL, knitted light fiber cells .and KA knitted audio fiber cells
- Wearable Antennae Speaker FM Transmitter (KA)
- Puppetry and mask making process of animating objects
- then WA weaved audio cells
- combine the two families in a collective structure
“Variables and functions”:
To achieve the design of each family of K cells, I will use ( list to be completed)
- mapping technology ( Max/ MSP, Mad Mapper)
- generative code to find interesting patterns for each type of cells
- knitted and weaving iterations , exploring different techniques ( manual or computarized) and material ( copper, wool, paper, cord…)
- researches on fiber optic and wearables of Sara Robertson and Sarah Taylor , Maurin Donneaud and hacking knitting machine from DataPaulette and Mika Satomi and Hannah Perner-Wilson from Kobakant