Rule number 1: do not compromise with your artwork !
outcome of the first year : mixed feeling about my achievement , got to be happy , and not too hard on my self esteem and next time do not compromise with my artwork.
What to expect of the last year of MFA?
go deeper into the process of explaining and contextualizing my work -> essay, funding process, residential calls, articles.
go deeper in the development of the concept I want to share-> project, workshops
Today first session with Helen Pritchard , our tutor for the last year of the MFA
got a little bit lost in translation at this beginning of the year after very intense, nerves breaking months in preparing Overlap show at Goldsmiths. Learned a lot while making, huge steps in every direction and need to manage and build up from constructive feedback and great ideas
Notes from Helen :
– exploring the themes of connectivity and cognition
– collecting data from sensors – exploring more about the installation
– Exploring the potential of kinect – using kinect rather than eye tracker,
– dynamic and participatory puppetry
– exploring a gaze that is there and not there – telling different stories
– liveliness –
– VR exploration
– Staging normal people in a setting that they can be preforming
Sina Seifee – using the Kinect to generate the memoir Difficult Forest
Rosi Braidotti – The Posthuman